Week in Review - October 14 - 20

It's been a week!

We have had some really nice sunrises though.


With Texter still ailing, I am the one who walks Lady K to the bus stop to watch her and her new friends run around in circles at 7:15 a.m. Way to energetic for me.

I can't seem to get rid of the 'junk' in my head either, so I find myself being a bit draggy too. Of course, I am trying to find my stride of work, writing, cross-stitching during the day. And just when I am finding out how I would like my days to go...

I got a seasonal job at GameStop!

Yep, I will be 'going' to work a few hours a week (hopefully closer to 20 than 5!). And selling video games and accessories. This should be a lot of fun, plus put some dollars in my pocket (and into paying bills).


I haven't killed these yet. I do need to take down my 'light' over my plants and work on it. It stopped working and I know it can't be a bulb that needs replacing. But need it going for the winter.

I have also been doing a bit of cooking. Or rather, maybe, I have been avoiding work by baking and cooking. I have Joshua Weissman's sourdough starter going (which I really love) and made my first loaves of bread using it.


His recipe isn't hard, but it is stretched out over several hours/days. The total time you actually put into working with the dough is maybe an hour, but the time you wait between rises does take several hours.


I used making the bread as an opportunity to use the castiron Dutch oven I have. It's little legs slip down between the rods on the oven shelf and makes it a great bread cooker.

The bread was great! It came out of the oven and 'talked' to be - all cracking and popping noises (which scared Texter a bit). However, I forgot to add the salt! Can't believe it. Usually, I am chastised for using too much salt and I forgot it in the bread. So I will try again this coming week.

I also took the turkey legs Texter brought me from the State Fair last Sunday and turned it into a White Bean with Turkey soup. I had some last night with cornbread. It was great on a cool, Fall evening.

Since I was in a cooking mood (mode) I also made some beef stew. This week is suppose to be cool so the stew and soup will be great. And you can't have fall cooking without some apple dumplings.
Savvy might get a bit of a 'care package' today as she is a soup eater too.

Otherwise this week...

  • Mailed Texter's glasses back to Montana to be replaced (less than 6 months and they were so scratched on one side she couldn't use them)
  • Shampooed the carpets
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Finished 3 books
  • Twenty hours of at-home work completed

This coming week...

  • Start my new job at GameStop
  • Another 20+ hours of at-home work 
  • Finish outlining my NaNoWriMo project
  • Work on 'Electra' now that the black is finished
  • Monthly test for my at-home work 
  • Lady K's first school field trip!

But for now, more coffee while awaiting delivery of my new heated mattress pad!



Comments

Popular Posts