Tuesday Sundries - What Worked For Me In My 'Weeks'


This is the Hobonichi Weeks planner I have been carrying around with me this year. It is my 'everyday carry' (EDC). I had a lot of plans for its use when I started it almost a year ago. Some of those plans worked and some didn't. Some will be carried forward and others will be revised.

Here goes...

My main plan was to use this planner as my expense recorder on the go. I was going to use it to keep track of my schedule and Savvy's schedule, notes, ideas, thoughts that occurred during the day and then transfer them to my main planner as needed.


The 'main' idea of this usage worked very well. And it's the main usage I will be carrying forward for 2020.

Since my 2019 Weeks was considered a 'mega' by virtue of the extra note pages in the back, I set up different sections.


I had the following sections: Wish List, Books, Ideas, Notes, Shopping, Budget. Some of these worked and some of them didn't.


The 'Books' section worked to some extent. But I also have another list in my main planner notes section with yet another set of books. I will be combining the two lists into one collection in my main planner for 2020. 


I had a 'wish list' and a 'Monthly Treats' tracker under the 'Wish List' portion of my note pages.

The Wish List I will be keeping, but it will probably go into a more permanent collection in my main planner. The tracker...well, I fail at using trackers. So it will be dumped.


My 'Budget' pages worked to a certain extent. However, the couple of pages I allocated were way too small for what I needed. And I also need to track multiple paychecks during the month. Which is why I am getting a different budget workbook for 2020.

I will still record expenses on my weekly pages so I can transfer them over to my budget book (working well on my handmade sheets so far). But I won't include this in my 2020 Weeks.


I didn't really use my month-at-a-glance pages for 2019. I did note paydays on it. For 2020, I will still record paydays and I will use this page to write in my schedule at work rather than putting it on the weekly pages.

So what am I going to do with all the unused note pages in my 2019 Weeks?


Well...

In my new cash envelope wallet, there are tracking sheets for each envelope to record what I use the money for. I want to change them out monthly when I restuff my envelopes for the month.


I will remove the sheets and punch holes to use with my cash envelopes each month. Some of the envelopes I won't have to change out every month, but some of them I will need new pages for.

There you have it. What worked for me and what didn't and how I plan to move forward with using my Hobonichi Weeks. I didn't order the 'mega' this year and I can't wait to get my new one in my hands. 

Until then, I plan on wringing out the last little bit of use with my current Weeks.






Comments

Popular Posts