Week In Review - November 17 - 23

Whew!

What a week!


The reason I am reusing my 2020 'mantra' photo is Big Mac, my desktop, is at the doctor's office (Apple store). And my photos aren't moving from my iPhone to my Baby Mac (laptop) like they should. And I don't have time this morning to muck around with it.

The initial diagnosis is Big Mac has hard drive issues and will need a transplant. A relatively inexpensive operation and will allow for continued life. Hopefully, that is all which is wrong with him and I'll have him back on my desk in a couple of weeks. 

In the meantime, Baby Mac and I are chugging along. Or will, as soon as I get the photos import issue solved. 

That and the fact my bank account was compromised on Saturday are the bad news. The good news is both were caught and are fixable with a minimum of discomfort. I will say I was mad at myself for not realizing what was going on when I got a call from my credit union about my account. It took me about 30 minutes to realize what was going on and the results were basically the same. My debit card was frozen (by the REAL credit union) and I am awaiting a replacement card to be sent out. Luckily, no money was involved as I have none! Damn whomever discovered how to fake phone numbers when you are called! I am sure there is a special hell for them.

On a brighter note, yesterday at work, we hit 101 to-go orders for the week! Our base is 50 orders a week and we have been slowly striving for more each week. We broke 100 (thanks to some help from co-workers placing orders and helping us shop them). 

Also this week, my Hobonichi order (the first one) is in the United States and I am hoping I will have it in my hands sometime this week, holiday delays and all. It's apparently cleared customs and turned over to our post office. We'll see how long that takes.

Texter and I had a nice day together running my errands and picking up some Christmas stuff for Lady K this week. And I got my new shoes! They have made all the difference in how I feel at the end of the day. Yes, my feet still hurt, but I can walk without hobbling like I am 206 years old.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 5000 or more steps 5 days
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Finished 2 books
  • Started playing World of Warcraft Classic 
  • Unraveled and restarted in a different way, the Covered in Cats afghan
  • Repaired Lady K's unicorn hat

This coming week...

  • Celebrating our Thanksgiving on Monday (the lot of retail workers!)
  • Taking Lady K to meet up with her dad to spent the holiday with him and his family
  • Opening the front end on Thanksgiving Day

But for now, it's off for more coffee and getting ready for another day of To-Go shopping.





Comments

Popular Posts