Fabric and Fiber Friday - Abandoned and Adopted!

After ripping out 3.5 inches of the Sockhead Slouch hat and then getting the yarn all tangled, I just didn't have it in me to restart at this point in time.

The orange/purple socks. I didn't like the pattern for the main body of the socks and need to go back and revisit some other patterns, but not feeling 'sockie'. 

Instead...



The 'Covered in Cats Afghan' by E and P Crochet

and...



The Rozeta CAL (Crochet A Long) has kits you can purchase in about 8 different yarn weights and colors. I was originally going to do the black and white one. I really love it. But then I found this...


I thought it would look like a brilliant sunset shining through the window. I am toying with the idea of making the arches and other 'white stuff' that are not in the center circle a grey, more stone-like. I will have to see when it comes to that point.

Of course, I can't just follow simple directions, I have to go off in a different tangent with the 'Cats' afghan. After all, it is for Savvy's birthday in December. And she has 5 cats - 3 grey and 2 black.
So I had to add a couple of cats or rather cat parts. It is also a chart and I needed to have the chart so I could mark off the diagonal rows as I did them. 

Therefore, out came the graph paper and in order to get the rows I needed for the pattern charted, it started out like this.


And then I filled in with the pre-drawn cats and added my own 'parts'.


And I have started on the afghan with a wonderful purple variegated background.


There will be 3 grey and 2 black cats on the afghan. I have done 3 or 4 of the C2C (corner to corner) afghans before, but never with a charted design. So it will be interesting to see how well I handle the color changes. 

The same with the Rozeta design. I have to make color changes and carry the yarn along on the back of the piece. There is a special way to do it with the Rozeta and it is very similar to what is suggested for the Cat afghan. I will see how it goes.

Anyway, I am up to row 16 on 'Cats' so far and will come home this evening after errands and taking Lady K to meet up with her dad and work on it some more and I 'recuperate' from getting my flu shot today. 

Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular Posts