Week in Review - October 27 - November 2

It has been a full week!

I finished the baby blanket for the November 2 baby shower. And apparently, the date was changed and it's in the future sometime. But either way, I will gift the blanket before the due date. It's bagged and tagged, so to speak.

Halloween!



Lady K was Dorothy, complete with Toto in a basket. She got the costume based on the 'add-on'. But...

Aunt Savvy came through and picked up a costume at the last minute (mainly because of the hat) and was a witch. 

Due to the stormy weather (tornado warnings all evening which was funny considering Lady K was Dorothy), we only "Mall-oweened". 

It was fun, but the mall was already covered in Christmas decorations, which made it a bit 'out-of-time' as we were walking around.


With the rain came a dip in temperatures and a frost warning.


So Jamie, the plumeria, came inside. (By the way, I have picked up my room since this picture.) I am going to have to figure out a more permanent place as the winter goes on. All my other plants are inside the real Miss Jamie's garage with her plants. It's a jungle in there according to her.

And a plant I have been concerned about. Or at least my ability to make it thrive, especially in my current situation, is my Queen of the Night.


I have a lot of new leaves coming out on the one I thought was sure to not make it. The other one is slowly putting out a few new leaves. But I am happy.

I signed up for my insurance plan at work! I am so happy I have a raise and insurance. The raise will actually cover the cost of insurance I have to pay. There are a couple of features I am not familiar with, so there is a bit of research and reading to do. But I am very happy. And I can't believe I am saying I am happy about planning a trip to the dentist!


NaNoWriMo started on the 1st and I have only committed 714 words to paper to date. But I am off today (Sunday) and have plans to sit and write most of the day. So hopefully, I will be catching up to where I should be.

I ordered my Hobonichi planners for 2020! I have been saving and planning for months now on what I wanted to get. Now to wait for it to ship and arrive from Japan. My only disappointment is that the notebooks I wanted to get to go with my planner is out of stock and won't restock for a couple more weeks. I might have to make a second order. Maybe.

Otherwise this week:

  • Walked over 5000 steps 6 days, over 10,000 3 of those days
  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Ripped up 3 inches of a 2X2 ribbing on a hat - now I have to start over
  • Did my budget review and paid bills

This coming week:

  • NaNoWriMo in my spare moments!
  • A haircut and flu shot planned
  • Turn in stuff from a detergent survey and pick up fish to eat for another survey which means $80 so I can buy my $50 budget workbook for 2020

But for now, I think I'll finish my cup of coffee and 'fall back' into bed!



Comments

Popular Posts