Seedy Saturday - Mile of a Million Lights

This is plant related as it was an event at a botanical garden. The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden to be precise. 

Thursday evening, December 19, Lady K, Texter and I loaded up and headed to Belmont, North Carolina for a walk through the Mile of a Million Lights.


We arrived right at sunset and the entrance to the garden is lovely.



A huge stained glass dome inside and a beautiful Christmas tree.


Lady K with her 'map' in hand. The girl loves a map!

And the 'decorations' on the tree?


Orchids! It's not a tree as such. Love it!

We exited out the back of the entrance building to start our walk.






I love the flower shaped lights on the trees along one of the walkways. It was like cherry trees in spring time.

But my favorite set of lights were probably these giant 'lanterns'.



And they threw interesting patterns on the walkway.

Before we got back to the starting point, there was a slight detour to the Orchid House.


After a very chilly walk outside, it took a bit for my glasses to unfog from the heat and humidity.

The final stop was a visit to Santa. Someone is having "Santa" issues this year. She is questioning why all the 'different' Santas. Ah...someone is growing up.


The price of the walk is a bit pricey, but I am glad I decided to do it. Texter and I want to come back in the summer to see it in day light and with things growing, but once again, their entrance fee is steep, so it will have to be for a special, all day event. But I will return.

Comments

Popular Posts