Week in Review - December 1 - 7

Well, my old Mac desktop is officially DOA.

It is sad. I have had it since 2011 with hardly a hiccup. The only issues came after the house fire and were minor at the time. 

Still, he marched along, being used every day, sometimes for hours on end. Unfortunately, when they opened him up his insides were all full of corrosion. So no more desktop. 

Which meant utilizing my laptop which is doable, but I really prefer a desktop. That means a 'fund' for a new computer.

Savvy is urging me toward a PC, but I would rather spend a little extra and get another Mac. 

But...

Texter has a Mac desktop she doesn't have room for or use. It is slightly older than my Mac and also went through the fire, but not as directly in the heat and cold like my Mac. Nor did she use it every day, all day for the past 3 years.

Therefore, she wiped her stuff off computer and reset it to factory settings and handed it over. I guess all those years of paying for her phones and phone service paid off.

Thus, I have a semi-new Mac desktop. Hopefully, it will chug along for a couple more years for me.

And then...

Approximately 49 years ago, at Christmas time, I got my ears pierced at the Piercing Pagoda in Six Flags Mall in Arlington, Texas. Over the last few years, I really didn't have any 'good' earrings and the cheap ones I had irritated my ears. I stopped wearing them on any kind of regular basis. And one of the holes closed up in the back.

I bought myself a nice pair of earrings, only to discover I couldn't get them through the holes. So I decided to get 're-pierced'. And while I was doing it, I could a second piercing.


This time I had the work done at Black Cloud Tattoo and Piercing rather than with a 'gun' in the middle of the mall. Texter had her ears pierced there, but her cartilage for migraines. I am very pleased with the whole procedure and how they are doing. I can't wait for a few more weeks and I can change over to my new earrings.

Also this week, the last 'shipment' of my Hobonichi planners arrived. I ordered a couple of notebooks to go with my main planner for notes and more permanent lists. I have added paydays, birthdays and notes for some 2020 plans in them already.

One thing which did strike me when I got them all set up was I seem to have hit upon a botanical theme for 2020.


But more about my planner plans later.

I hit up the Bath and Body Shop for their annual candle sale. A little more expensive than last year, $9.50 a candle. But they are regularly $24.50 each, so a bit of a savings. And I limited myself to 6 candles. I was able to grab my 3 favorites - Gardenia, Lilac and Rose (2 of those). And a couple of more balsam-like scents. 

There was a bit of excitement at work this week. I was working 9-6 pm and it was really slow on the To-Go shopping. There were a couple of people who called off work in the evening. So I offered to leave at 3:30 and come back at 6. 

The only problem is, as I was driving back to work, the last mile or so was in the dark. As in a huge power outage...all the way to the store!

The parking lot was empty and the assistant manager met me at the door and said to go home. They were without power from about 5-9 pm. An interesting turn of events. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days
  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Playing some World of Warcraft

The coming week...

  • Working a tad over 40 hours
  • Lots of planning and plotting for 2020 plans

But for now, it's more coffee and off for an early shift at work.

Comments

Popular Posts