Week In Review - November 24 - 30

Well...

Yesterday was a first I must say.

I was at work and shopping an order. I passed my store manager, "T" and he made a comment about one of the Christmas songs playing on the speaker. I said something about "...as long as it's not 'Blue Christmas', one carol I hate."

So what does Mr. Jokester do?

He gets on the personal communicators and tells the Deli manager to put Jack, one of the deli workers on a communicator to sing 'Blue Christmas' to me. You see, Jack is an Elvis impersonator. If you could see Jack, that's the first thing you would think. In fact, when he interviewed, I made that comment to someone. 

Sure enough, Jack gets on the communicator and sings 'Blue Christmas' for me. 

I have been serenaded by an Elvis impersonator now!

And while 'Blue Christmas' will never be in my top 10 Christmas songs, it's no longer at the bottom of the list next to 'Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer'.

Anyway...

Before we leapt into Christmas, I did celebrate Thanksgiving. On Monday.

Savvy and I were both off on Monday and we had out meal then.





We deliberately kept it small, so fewer leftovers to consume. There were a couple of pies I purchased from work - chocolate and pecan.

But it was a nice couple of days off before the craziness of Thanksgiving at the grocery store and then Black Friday for Savvy happened. 

My personal Black Friday spending was confined to purchasing, online, the latest World of Warcraft expansion.

I carted my heavy Mac desktop into the Apple store to see if it could be 'saved'. Right now, it looks like the issue is the hard drive which would be a simple, $200 fix. And then my lovely desktop (although too old to play World of Warcraft on) would be back for maybe another 8 years.

Lady K spent the holiday with her dad and his family in South Carolina. From the pictures the other grandmother sent me, she has been having a wonderful time crafting and playing in piles of leaves.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days
  • Reviewed my budget for December 
  • Played some of the new (now a year old) expansion of World of Warcraft

This coming week...

  • Receive my last Hobonichi shipment
  • A little menu planning - simple and easy meals
  • Play some WOW (World of Warcraft)
  • Picking up Lady K from her dad today

But for now, listening to the rain on the roof this morning and going for more coffee!




Comments

Popular Posts