Tuesday Sundries - My Year in Books

My year in books
2019
This is my journey in books for 2019!

TOTALS
I read 50,392 pages across 175 booksImg bookstack 360

Minty by Alan Schroeder
Img ruler
SHORTEST BOOK
40 pages
Minty: A Story of Young Harriet ...
by 
LONGEST BOOK
1,248 pages
Oathbringer
by 
Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
AVERAGE LENGTH
287 pages

MOST POPULAR
423,054
people also read
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F...
by 
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
Pretty Maids by Mari Griffith
Img temp desktop 2x
LEAST POPULAR
0
people also read
Pretty Maids: Thirty Remarkable ...
by 

MY AVERAGE RATING FOR 2019
3.8

Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach
HIGHEST RATED ON GOODREADS
Simple Abundance: 365 Days to a Balanced and Joyful Life
by 
4.78 average
Img badge

Six Cats a Slayin' by Miranda James
My first review of the year
liked it 
A cute read, interesting plot twist. Now to go back and fill in the other books in the series.


























For those who know me, reading and books are super important to me. And it looks like this has passed down to Lady K, as I was read The Gingerbread Man on the ride from South Carolina on Sunday when I picked her up from her dad. (I had to answer the questions at the back of the book too! I passed.)

I have been using Goodreads since 2009. Sometimes I will write a brief review, but mainly I use it to track what I read. The old brain doesn't always retain information these days! I also like to challenge myself to read and not just sit there and 'do nothing'. 

It also helps me to note those books I come across I want to read. And if I have time, I might try for a free book on their giveaways.

I will probably keep my goal of books to read in 2020 at 175 books. I have been listening to more audio books as my commute to work is about 20 minutes, so that will continue in 2020 too. 

But for now, this is how I keep track of what I have read and want to read for the most part. My library's site does have a 'for later' section where I can note books they own I want to read that I can flip over to 'hold' when I have a space for requesting a book on my list.

We will have to see how 2020 goes! 

Comments

Popular Posts