Week in Review - December 8 - 14

Brrr....

Cold here in North Carolina is different from cold in Montana. It's damp cold. Which gets into your bones. Friday was a rainy, raw, cold day. One where I wanted to be at home in my sweats all nice and warm rather than at work. Oh, well.


The blueberry bush in the back yard is all red and drippy from the rain and cold. It looks amazing against the dark wood of the fence.

The gentleman who is over Food Lion To Go in my store had his birthday on Friday. Yes, he is a Friday the 13th baby. But since he was going to take off Friday through Sunday for his birthday, I stopped at Krispy Kreme for donuts as his 'present'. And I got a present while there.


A bit of 'rainbow' for a Thursday. There were bits and pieces of 'rainbow' scattered across the floor and chairs at Krispy Kreme. So nice. Makes you stop and realize there is a little bit of wonder all around if we just take time to look.


Not the best picture of the full moon this month. I ran over after work to take Texter and Lady K to Target to get a 'holiday' dress for her school program next week under a full moon. 

I did manage to get my Christmas cards in the mail this week. So at least people will be getting them before Christmas instead on in July. 

A full 40 hours this past week at work and learning bits and pieces of more of the administrative work of the front office. But I am spraying people down with Lysol (not really) at work as it seems they are all coming down with bad colds and strep throat. Get thee behind me germs!

And with the cooler weather, Lady K decided she needed a scarf to keep her face warm. She and Texter sat down and picked out a pattern for me.

From Tasia Bruderer, this is what she picked out...


Since I have the yarns already, I guess there will be less playing of World of Warcraft and more crocheting this coming week.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days
  • Wrote 5 posts for my blog
  • Finished 2 books
  • Played too much World of Warcraft after work
  • Traded in my iPad and bought the Ring for the Switch. Savvy and I have yet to set it up.
  • Have 2020 plans made and started writing up my 'stickies' for my kanban board for the first quarter of the new year.
  • Signed up to do a 'savings' challenge next year. The theme varies by month. It should keep me interested and on track with saving and not spending.

This coming week...

  • Monday night is the Winter Program at school for Lady K
  • Taking Lady K to buy Texter and Mr. Race Car a little Christmas present
  • Going to see the Mile of a Million Lights at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
  • Spending the night with Lady K and then a mall trip with Texter while she is in school the next day
  • Taking Lady K to meet up with her dad to spend the holidays with his family
  • Sign up for a macrophotography class in January at the UNC Botanical Gardens in Charlotte 

But for now, it's more hot coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts