Week(s) in Review - February 23 - March 7

I am still trying to get my 'routine' down with doing my weekly review. This is a need since I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. most Sunday mornings. So I am trying to get in the groove of doing the post on Saturday night.

Anyway...

I am cramming two weeks into this review. 

Couple of big things which stand out over the past few days. The first being my Macro Photography class at the UNC Botanical Gardens. 




I am loving playing around with the macro lens and can't wait until I hit the beach again in a couple of weeks with it.

I got my eyes checked on the 29th. Since my prescription has changed and it has been a couple of years since my last pair of glasses, I ordered a new pair. Fingers crossed they will be here this coming Friday.

But while going to the eye doctor, my first time here in North Carolina since I have returned, I found this in the same complex as the doctor's office.


A bit of Montana in North Carolina. However, both Texter and I felt it just wasn't quite as good as the 'real' thing, despite being a franchise several hundred miles away from the home territory.

But Texter needed to buy a couple of things for Lady K, like a swimsuit for the upcoming trip (hotel pool and hot tub), I knew I needed a new suit too. I have one, somewhere in storage, which I hate. It doesn't fit, I don't like it, so I decided to buy a new one.


I have to say I am pleased with the fit and how it looks. It is a two piece, but the top covers parts which should remain hidden. So I am set for a dip in the heated pool and/or hot tub.

But while at Target, I found on their sale rack a replacement for the jacket I 'lost' to Lady K.


It's more of a light coat, but I really like it. And for $30 I consider it a bargain. The weather has been a bit cooler the past week so it has come in handy.

Another important item...


Yep, I expressed my opinion and now I have the right to complain, condemn or praise as needed.

I have been inspired the past week to make breakfast for Savvy and myself, mainly due to this book.


I have added this to my 'must have' list of books I need on my bookshelf.

I made egg bites one day (not from this book). Savvy and I agreed the step where you blend it in the blender to add air to the mixture is necessary. Otherwise, they come out a bit 'dense' for our taste and not like the Starbucks egg bites.


But from the book, I made Ham and Cheese Croissants.


The hardest thing about these is remembering to set out the puff pastry to thaw a bit before you assemble the sandwiches.

I also received this past week my list of round robin members and their books they will be swapping. I joined the Book Hive Book Club. We are put in groups of 12 (one for each month) and each of us selected a book to read. We also start a journal which travels with the book from person to person. The journal is for the readers to enter their thoughts, comments, etc. about the book. We have a month to read the book and then send it on to the next person.

I selected a book I have already read. But am rereading since I am re-reading Anne Bishop books this month in preparation of a new release.



There is a nice selection of books - from mysteries to nonfiction to historical romance. None of them I have read, so I am really looking forward to the book club this year.

InCoWriMo has ended and I really enjoyed participating this year. I have to count up the number of letters I wrote during February and received. I still have some letters to answer this coming week.

Otherwise, I have done over the past couple of weeks...

  • Walked 5000 steps or more 10 days
  • Finished 10 books
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Tried Starbucks new Pineapple Matcha and Golden Ginger drinks

This coming week...

  • Helping Texter do some 'spring cleaning' and reorganizing for a couple of days
  • Hopefully picking up my new glasses
  • Only working 4 days this week and have one 'holiday' off day!
  • Lots of writing (letters, posts and novel) 
  • Looking at Quarter 2 of 2020 plans and looking back on Q1

But for now, since it's Saturday night and we are 'Springing Forward' I need to get to bed! 

I hope everyone is coping well with an hour less of sleep today as they read this.



Comments

  1. Your macro photos are beautiful. I found you searching for Halloween panel quilts and then clicked around. Did you make one - I saw the pics from 2017. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts