Seedy Saturday - Day Off and Warm Temperatures

The weather has jumped from winter to early summer overnight. After spending crazy hours inside watching people shop and freak out, I needed some grounding. It also doesn't help to watch my Montana buddies talk about the seeds they have started inside while I don't have anyplace to do the same here with Mr. Arizona and Savvy.

So...

I picked up a 'helper' after work on Thursday. I don't know who was more excited about the sleepover, Lady K or Texter.



Not only did she get to stay up past her normal bedtime, but she could watch her videos on YouTube Kids on my laptop.

The next morning we were up early and out in the yard.

There were three areas in the front yard I wanted to get my hands on. They needed to be tidied up and have 'additions' to them. Weed pulling was the first chore, then putting some of my 'old' plants in there as well as some new plants.



The mailbox area was a bit neglected and needed some love.


Lady K assisted in the planting part.




I love the African Daisy I picked up. I got petunias which are purple to coordinate with them. Hopefully, they will spread and come back next year too.

Then it was the large tree in the front yard. All it had in it was some gladiolas. 



I had some amaryllis I threw in there. Hopefully, they will bloom this year and continue for a few more years. I also have an abundance of lemon balm. I split up the pot and placed it around the tree. And surprisingly, my 4-o'clocks survived with total neglect over the winter and I set them around the tree. There are also some purple aliums in there from the school sale I bought for Lady K.

Who knows what this hodge-lodge will look like, but my investment in plants is basically zero since I am 'recycling' plants. 

The final area in front I managed to tidy up is the Memorial Garden area.


This is where the ashes of the two cats which did not make it out of the house reside. The three pots are weeping pussy willow I got from work. What do you need in a cat garden, but pussy willow.


Two of the willows are at one end and the azalea was tidied up on the other end. Two of my Montana hollyhocks which I dug up from the old house and put in the back of the garden. Hopefully, they will survive the move and I think will look great against the fence. A bit of dianthus from the old house made it also and part of the catmint from the large pot were added.

I need to put some mulch on all three areas, but that has to wait until next week.

Lady K was fascinated by the snails.


She was thrilled to find the 'shells' and put them in her hat. And then when she found out they were still alive, even more so. I was less thrilled.

But we had a moment of rest before taking her down to her dad and enjoyed the bees on the blueberry bush.



The bees made made buy a 'pollinator' house to hang on the fence near the blueberry bush. I think it will be fun to see them lived in.

The side yard, where the majority of my plants are, will be an after work and Monday-Day-Off to-do.

But for now, I will be on my way to work. I really wish I wasn't considered 'essential' some times. 

Comments

Popular Posts