Week in Review - March 15 - 21


The craziness is starting to take a toll. And I have to remind myself I don't need to get caught up in it. Spring is officially here, so I have started taking advantage of it, enjoying the blooming trees and flowers.

And the pine pollen!

Not the problem is everyone I see sniffling and sneezing aren't covid-19 victims! It's the pollen! 

The bad news is more and more things are shutting down completely or at least reducing hours. I won't even go into what Savvy is going to have to go through at the mall with GameStop. I am so, so sorry for my friends still working at the airlines. It's terrible what the airlines are going through. It's basically another 9/11 shutdown, but with a more extended timeline. Once again I am so glad I retired when I did.

There is a bit of good news. I was advised yesterday via text from a coworker full-time workers are getting a $2 an hour raise through May 22. Part-timers aren't left out. They are getting $1 an hour raise! It is fantastic the company is realizing the stress and craziness we are facing in the aisles at work. 

But enough about the damn virus!

The libraries here are closed down indefinitely and I managed to dash over during lunch (we had less than a 24 hour notice) and grab some books. 

And Lady K and her being out of school now? 

Well, the trip to Myrtle Beach for her birthday was cancelled. Carowinds is opening, so my tickets will be used later in the year. Instead we stocked her up on a ton of Legos (she is Lego-crazy). She will put on her headphones and set up her iPad and create away. We also go her a couple of workbooks so she can do some 'schoolwork'. Plus tons of crafting items. 

Her two weeks in South Carolina with her dad last less than a week before we were notified to come pick her up. She has 'attitude' it seems. So luckily I was able to move my hours at work around and go pick her up.

And sadly I have been sucked into the Animal Crossing craze! Texter has been waiting for this game to be released for years now. The fun part of it is I needed to buy my own Switch console since Lady K has mine. Savvy let me know there was 1 Animal Crossing Limited Edition Switch spot left and I took it. So Texter got that Switch and gave me her Switch to play on. Since I am less invested in Animal Crossing I agreed. I now don't have to buy her a birthday or Christmas present - EVER!

Saturday, after spending a couple of nights with Lady K, I came home and went over to check on my plants Miss J has been tending over the winter. I really felt bad as I haven't had time to touch base with her more often over the past few months. But she loves plants and she is a super person and has tended my green babies nicely. I was able to make one carload full back to my house. 

The yard at the house is separated into two parts. There is a large back yard which Mr. Arizona lets the dog out through his door in his room. 

Then there is a small section which runs most of the length of the side of the house. There is a nice covered patio to sit out on. This is where I am staking my claim!


It gets some nice light during the day and I plan to put my tomato plants along the side next to the house.

However, Mr. Arizona wants to turn this area into a grassy haven for the cats. So we will be doing some compromising. Under the palm tree at the back weeds have taken over. I will pull those out and he will rematch it. I will set my banana plants under the palm. I'll take up the line of rails which marked out the path to the gate and do some raking and cleaning up in the area.

I need to get my gardening tools has I need to do a bit of pruning on the blueberry bush.


But given the number of large bees flying around it, there should be a bumper crop of berries this year. So a bit of 'tidying' up this bush is necessary.

I also have three small weeping pussy willows I got at a bargain rate from the store. Two will go in an area which is a memorial garden to cats lost in the fire (and to cats in general). The other one I will put into a larger container and keep for when I have my own home again.

There are also some amaryllis bulbs I want to get into the ground. In fact, some amaryllis I had in a pot which overwintered in Miss J's garage are all set to bloom! I have some more bulbs I should have put in the ground a few months ago, but being alliums, they should be just fine.


A couple of plants which were in the house I brought outside. I can't wait to see what the plumeria does this year. The cats are happy a pot of catmint made it through the winter just well. And a TON of mint made it, along with some lemon balm. I have LOTS of repotting to do. Darn! (hahaha)

But for my friends who are worried I might overdo it at work and at home...


Nope, I have plenty of rest time planned. Under the patio will be a nice area early in the morning and after work.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 5000 steps 5 days (see I did rest 2 days!)
  • Finished 1 book
  • Wrote 4 posts

This coming week...

  • Pick up the rest of my plants from Miss J
  • Get some plants in the ground
  • Buy potting soil and pot/repot plants
  • Letter writing! I am way behind
  • Get my book club book in the mail
  • Get some magazines in the mail to friends
  • Give feedback on a beta course on writing
  • sign up for Camp NaNoWriMo
  • Decide about #100dayproject
  • A bit of Animal Crossing
  • Work on Q2 goals/plans

But for now I am off work today (Huzzah!) and I will go have more coffee and start breakfast.





Comments

Popular Posts