Week In Review - March 8 - 14

I am so over this virus business. As much as we would like to, we can't just 'shut down' the world. Mainly because if we did, how would people get all their toilet paper and hand sanitizer?

Anyway, we learned on Friday afternoon the local school system has 'changed' spring break from April to the coming week! Surprise! Lady K will go to school 3 days in the coming week and then be off all the following week. Poor baby will miss taking cupcakes to school for her birthday. Oh, well, maybe she can do it afterwards.

I had my 2 days off this past week and added an additional day to it so I could stay with Texter. Originally Mr. RaceCar was going to Texas for some 'racing stuff', but that was cancelled. But the plans Texter and I had to spring clean and rearrange went forward to a certain degree. We did manage to get some of the larger things done and now it is just tweaking on her part.

But I went into work for 4 hours each day on 2 of my 3 days off to help with the crowds of shoppers stocking up. It was nonstop checking huge grocery carts of food for 4 hours. Needless to say, my poor right hand is aching from grabbing items and putting them in bags. Saturday was spent doing 'to-go' and it was absolutely crazy too.


I picked up my new glasses this past week. They are tortoise shell on top and green on the bottom. There is a bit of adjusting I have to do with a slightly new prescription. They are also transition lens. This way I won't have to put my 'fit-overs' my glasses, much to Texter's relief. 

My nun orchid I purchased at the sale at UNC Botanical Gardens last month has opened it's little blooms. 


The second bud is now open and it's delightful. 

With spring-like weather this past week I so want to be gardening. But it's really not possible here at the present time.

Texter and I did run a couple of errands while we were cleaning. We did a slight detour for some browsing at Michael's and I discovered a couple of new stores.


Blackhawk Garden Center is tucked between buildings and unless you glance down the walkway it is easy to miss. I have seen a video on plant shopping for indoor plants here and was delighted to actually find the store. And the plants...

Well, at least for now I walked away without a plant.


Another stop in the shopping center was Suarez Bakery!

Lady K received a cookie shaped like a unicorn head. Texter got a fox cookie. Mr. RaceCar received an Irish Creme cupcake. I brought home a Dolce de Leche cheesecake and a slice of chocolate mouse cake.

I also received the latest Anne Bishop book. This time it's not part of her 'Others' series, but goes back to the series I first read with her, The Black Jewel.


Otherwise this past week...

  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Walked 5000 plus steps 6 days

This coming week...

  • Myrtle Beach!

But for now, grab a cup of coffee and head to work!



Comments

Popular Posts