Positive Focus Thursday - Laughter and Animal Crossing


Yes, I am one of those millions of people who are obsessed with Animal Crossing New Horizons these days. Of course, not near as much as Savvy and Texter.

So earlier this week, Savvy, who has played earlier versions of Animal Crossing, came and sat on my bed and assisted me with learning the in's and out's of the game. 

Problem was...

I am not really that 'savvy' with the game.

So, when I went to her island and was going to view the inside of her house, I was carrying a butterfly net. And when I went to knock on her door I was standing a bit too far back and I ended up whacking the door with the net.

She is on my bed going "Momma, stop hitting my house" and moved her character to stand behind mine so she could get into her house.

So I did the mature thing.

I turned around and hit her with the net instead. And continued to do so.

Soon we were standing there hitting each other with nets.

AND IT WAS SO FUNNY!

And we were both laughing so hard we were crying. 

Then Texter joined us and I chased her, hitting her with the net.

Needless to say, I was kicked off her island and sent home to my island.

But the result of this 'exercise'?

It felt so good!

We laughed over something so stupid and silly and it felt so wonderful to just let loose and laugh.

These days we need to laugh - now more than ever. 

The whole world is so stressed out right now with the C-19 virus and all the shortages and 'stay at home' orders. Plus all the misinformation and not knowing what is real and what is bunk.

So laugh!

If you are stuck at home, play games. Watch stupid movies and make fun of them while doing so. Draw silly pictures with the kids. 

Or take a hint from the above picture and head into the garden for some time with plants. They don't need 'social distancing'. 

BUT LAUGH!

It might not be a cure for C-19, but it will make you feel better.



NOTE: If you want to see the original video Savvy took, look here. While I am not happy that the angle and the sweater make me look like I weigh 10 tons, it is worth the laugh and snort!

Comments

Popular Posts