Writing Wednesday - Book Hive Book Club

So I joined an online 'book club'. 

I am in a group of 12 other women. We have all selected a book to read. At the end of each month we mail our book to the next person on the list along with a journal. They read the book, journal about the book and then at the end of the month mail it to the next person. 

So 12 books are exchanging hands each month. Except...

Yep...the big 'CV'

Personally, part of me would love to be quarantined. I have plenty on my to-do list to keep me entertained for months. 

However, it has also put a hold on the book club. Our group (because there are other 'hives' out there) decided to wait until the end of April to start mailing out books to the next person on the list. 

Which is understandable, mainly because going to the post office can be a bit toxic at times, depending on the post office you enter.




I am a little disappointed because we have such a wide selection of books which will be making the rounds. I can say none of these have hit my 'must-read' list prior to this. I am the only scifi/fantasy book, Written in Red

Despite the wait, I am looking forward to a year of reading different books and commenting on them and passing them on. What I am really looking forward to is getting my book and journal back next year and reading what 11 other people thought about it.

By the way...

My library system has closed down for the near future. I know I will have my fill of ebooks, audio books and the like. But I like going into the library. It's sad.

Comments

Popular Posts