Positive Focus Sunday - Small Things

I love to drop into a Goodwill store when I have a chance. Mainly I am looking for interesting bowls and platters I can use with my plants. Some for them to sit on and use as drainage dishes, others to use as cache pots.

Plus there is always a chance I will find fur for Savvy. And maybe something really interesting - just because. 

So this past week I ran into a Goodwill on Tuesday. Which here in the Charlotte area means it's Senior Day! Actually, I went in to spend a few minutes to see if I heard from Texter before heading back home after house hunting.

And I spotted this...


A simple Lenox Ivory Porcelain vase. Just right for a couple of flowers rather than a mason jar, which has been my go-to container for flowers.

It's not that old, somewhere between 1953-1988 based on the maker's mark on the bottom. But the design is one Lenox has been making for decades.

The best part?

It was priced at 99 cents! And with my discount, it was 79 cents! 

I did go ahead and 'round up' for them and paid $1 for it. 

This vase will look so cute sitting somewhere in my new 'forever' home (wherever that is) holding a few flowers from my garden. 

Sometimes it is the little things which make us happiest. Even a $1 vase from Goodwill.


Comments

Popular Posts