Food and Fun Friday - CSA Box Two

I am discovering I am terrible at taking pictures of the CSA box from Bush-n-Vine Farm


This is their picture they sent of what would be in the box. I thought I took more pictures Wednesday night when I got home.


This week, the size of the strawberry container has doubled. I think, I didn't ask, they might be picking strawberries out of the field already. And more sweet potatoes. Both of these I really like.


Swiss chard is the only thing I'm not really sure about how to use. I guess I will learn! However, I'm not a fan of cooked greens, unless they are really mixed up with the other ingredients. 

There is also a small head of head lettuce, spinach and kale. Those I will throw together for a salad or use the spinach and kale in smoothies.

Speaking of smoothies...


This is one of their 'blendies'. It is a combination of their homemade soft serve strawberry ice cream combined with a slushie of their fresh strawberries. It is ssssssoooooo yummy! And one of the reasons I am willing to drive out to the farm rather than picking up my box somewhere closer. Plus I don't have to add $20 to the cost of the box by picking it up at the farm.

I am excited to see what next week's box will hold, especially as it should be closer to asparagus time.








Comments

Popular Posts