Seedy Saturday - 'Marching' Along

After February being gray, damp and cold, March has come in a bit warmer and sunnier. I took advantage of it to transplant some of the winter sowing from my first planting in December. 



The first pot is full of Tom Thumb Peas. The second pot contains Sweet Pea flowers and some mixed lettuce. The third and fourth pots also have mixed lettuce and spinach it. I am pleased so far with the results of winter sowing. The sweet peas especially had really nice roots. And the lettuce I repotted in 'hunks' and will thin them out as they get bigger when I pick them for salad.

Now for a fun announcement!

I am under contract for a house! 

A house with a yard which is a blank slate. So, so exciting.

Anyway, back at the 'ranch' with the winter sowing.


This is kale I actually planted in the fall and it now growing up nicely. I'll pick it small for salads.


More lettuce mix getting to the point of being transplanted.


Catnip


Giant Poppy


Hens and Chicken Poppy


Hollyhock


Another hollyhock


Queen's Mix Salvia


Thornless Raspberry (one of four)


Red Kale


Red Welsh Onions


White Borage


Pot of tulips


Paperwhites


Plant haul from work for inside plants

I know I said I was moving. Luckily, my plants are all in containers and I can move them easily. There will be a lot of trips toting them to the new house, but they are movable. And the new home has lots of windows, so I am going for 'BoHo with plants' for my decorating scheme. 

But for now, cross your fingers things continue to go along without a hitch. And that 4 strong men with a truck offer to more furniture!




















Comments

Popular Posts