Week in Review - January 31 - February 6, 2022



It seems we escaped yet another 'winter event' the past few days. 

Thank Goddess!

I am so ready for warmer weather. Not hot, but 60's-70's would be nice. 

Anyway...

Couple of big things this week.

First, I have 'rediscovered' my love for cross stitch! I have so enjoyed being on the couch with needlework in hand. While I am watching the Olympics at the present time, I can see myself stitching and listening to audio books. But I am obsessed with Mirabilia and Nora Corbett Designs. They are actually the same person, she just designs under both her name and her needlework design name. Mirabilia are typically her larger designs. 

But I have been in love with her for ages. And now I am have this HUGE list of her designs to stitch. Which leads to the second big thing this week.

Texter came over and we started on clearing the upstairs of her and Kayden's 'stuff'. I took her home with the back of the SUV filled with her things. And a pile of things to take to Goodwill. Win-win.
On Saturday, with Lady K keeping me company, I pulled all my stuff from the upstairs closet because I wanted to go through the bin of cross stitch fabric and threads to kit up a couple of patterns. 

After pulling all my bins out, I moved a lot of Texter's boxes into the closet. This way I can get to my stuff and I realized I had a couple of designs from Mirabilia in a bin I haven't finished yet. 

So I am slowly reclaiming the upstairs for my fabric and fiber area. Soon I'll get more of Texter's stuff moved around and/or out and set up my sewing machine up there. However, I need to figure out what I am going to use as a table for my sewing machine. The two folding tables are being used for plants! But there are a couple of small desks up there, so that may work out just fine.

I also, in avoidance of doing dishes, potted 3 batches of seedlings into larger pots. That meant I had to move my orchids to the kitchen table in the middle of the room. And I sowed more flower seeds. I am now gearing up to sow tomatoes and peppers in the next couple of weeks, especially since I got 'happy mail' from NCTomatoMan which had 15 fun tomato seeds, most of which are crosses from last summer's tomatoes. 

Otherwise this week...
  • Picked up Lady K a day early since she was out doing remote learning because of a possible covid exposure.
  • A trip to the needlework store to get 3 new patterns and fabric for a fourth pattern
  • Cataloged a whole bin of specialty threads and beads and semi-organized the contents to find what I need a tad more quickly
  • Kitted up the 3 new patterns
  • Made a TON of pork BBQ - took some to Savvy and some will go into the freezer for future BBQ cravings
  • Finished 1 book

This coming week...
  • More stitching and Olympics watching
  • Do a bit of yard tidying and plant the broccoli rabe
  • Gearing up for a long weekend at work as it will be both the Super Bowl and Valentine's Day in one weekend - lots of fruit and veggie cutting

But for now, it's coffee and off to work!

 

Comments

Popular Posts