Week in Review - February 14 - 20, 2022



It's been a busy week, starting out with Valentine's Day at work. 

But it wasn't Valentine's Day I was excited about - although I did snag some candy the day after to give to Lady K, Savvy and Texter. Of course, I have my box.

What I was excited about was the fact Savvy was on vacation and we were getting to spend some time together. And that time was a day trip to Greensboro and High Tea at the O'Henry Hotel. Plus Miss Texas was meeting us there. She has not seen Savvy since we moved back from Montana, so this was doubly special.

Savvy and I came into town a bit early and stopped at McKay's Used Books for a bit of book trading and buying. I filled in my Laurell K. Hamilton collection and she bought Mr. Arizona a Valentine's Day present (belated).

That was Thursday.

On Wednesday, I did sow a tray of tomatoes and peppers and then a tray of various flowers. One of the zinnias is already germinated. The back of my mind is a possible plant sale the first of May. Will have to see how my plants go.

Friday, while waiting to pick up Lady K, I did finally visit one of the antique malls where she lives. A lot of fun and will come back and spend more time going to more of the antique stores in Little Mountain, South Carolina. 

While I was off I also managed to finally remember to buy some plant hooks and hang up some of the hanging baskets. This gets them off the window blinds. I really like them on the archway between the kitchen and living room. I also relocated a couple of more ornate hangers and installed them on the 'pillar' in the wall by my bed. 

I do want to get more hooks to put in front of all the windows in the house as I don't expect my 'collection' of plants to stop growing. But for now, a lot of them are hanging in a more decorative manner. I'm calling my decorating 'boho book and plants'.

Otherwise this week...

  • Lady K made a cake while she was with me, taking half with her to her mother's. 
  • Orchids onto the shelf in the kitchen
  • Another orchid starting to bloom again
  • Seedlings upstairs on another table with lights
  • The cats ate my 3 baby comfrey plants
  • Finished 3 books


This coming week...

  • Work
  • Sow more seeds
  • Get a 'tangle' worked out on my novel
  • Start yard cleaning and figuring out where the soil Slider dug out, went to
  • Set up a raspberry trellis to hold up the canes


But for now, off to work.

Comments

Popular Posts