Week in Review - February 7 - 13, 2022



After a long weekend with Lady K, my week started concentrating on Valentine's Day. 

At work, tons of chopping and slicing, making fruit platters, veggie trays, tropical bowls, strawberry bowls - all in preparation for a weekend of Super Bowl and Valentine's Day. 

To set the mood, the Deli manager, my produce manager and my produce lead cutter/floral babe, created a display which was out of this world. What a sight to greet customers as they entered for their weekly shopping trip. Needless to say, Sunday was crazy! And all the stuff I didn't think would go anywhere? Went plus some!

At home, with the weather warming up for part of the week, broccoli rabe was set out into one of the 4x4 beds. About 100 little seedlings. I also brought out seedlings for a bit of 'sun'. The coming week or two will have me transplanting some more seedlings into individual containers to give them more room. 

I also needed to use up some cream cheese I had in the fridge. So with a box of Thin Mints as the crust, I made two different mini-cheesecakes, one vanilla and one strawberry. I have to say I preferred the plain vanilla one. 

With regard to food, with half the month almost over, I am closer to achieving my goal of spending less on food. So far this month I have spent $72 on food and part of that was for Lady K. If the trend continues, less than the $300 a month I have budgeted for food. And after figuring my taxes for 2021 - I need every penny!

Then I got a bit of an unusual request - Cinnamon Crunch Toast Creamer. Friend wanted all we had because they are being discontinued. We had 5 on the shelf. Turns out on Amazon and eBay they are going for double digits!

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Participating in #the100dayproject 
  • Picked up 2 cross stitch patterns
  • One letter and one FaceTime call with Lady K
  • Filled in at work for a sick co-worker


This coming week...

  • HIGH TEA WITH SAVVY!
  • Also at the tea will be a friend from Raleigh
  • Going to make bread with Lady K on Saturday after picking her up on Friday afternoon
  • Hopefully get some peppers and tomatoes started inside
  • More reading and stitching and writing

But for now, it's off to work to slice up more strawberries and pineapple for bowls for Valentine's Day.

 

Comments

Popular Posts