Food and Fiber Friday - I'm Cooking!

I had a bag of 'new-to-me' apples. Unfortunately, they are HUGE! I also had some pie crust left over from the holidays I needed to use up. So apples and pie crust?

Apple Pie!





Of course, I had to take a piece to a co-worker, who approved my idea and the results. 

In checking out things on YouTube, I made a batch of pizza dough from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.




Since I don't have a pan which fits in my air fryer (yet), I put it on a piece of parchment paper. Based on what I view on various YouTube videos, I cooked it for about 3 minutes and then flipped it over.




Not only did I make my own dough, I also took a pint of my canned tomato sauce and added some spices and a tad of sugar and made my own pizza sauce.

Then came some mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and topped with some shredded Italian cheese mix.




A few minutes later in the air fryer and I have a melty, puffed up pizza.







It was tasty, but still a tad doughy. I used a bit too much dough this first time around. They came out nicely the next time. 

Having some dough on hand, ready to go, is really nice. And the size coming from the air fryer (Ninja Foodi to be exact), makes it a 'personal' size pizza. 

I am still working on perfecting the process of these pizzas, but it is nice to be able to fix a small pizza when I have the urge to eat a pizza.

But I am still concentrating on eating from my pantry for the next couple of months and planning out my menus weekly. I find it works for me to know what I will be eating for the week. Granted, I may not eat the meal on the exact day I have planned, but I know what I have for the week on hand and basically ready to go. 

Also, with the growing season starting soon, I am planning my garden around what I like to eat and will try and grow more green beans and field peas, along with tomatoes this year. 

Next week, I have teriyaki chicken, rice and salad set for next week for dinners. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches or chef salads for lunch. Smoothies and toast for breakfast. 

Love me some meal planning! 









 

Comments

Popular Posts