Week in Review - January 2 - 8, 2023




Yep, this is about how my week has gone. 

Actually, it was going along pretty good. Texter and Mr. Cobra went down to Florida a few days early and are now trying to sell their home here in Charlotte in order to move to Florida, just a couple of houses down from his mom and step-dad. Not really a surprise, but yes, it was a bit of a surprise.

Then on Wednesday I go into working, expecting to be working to-go for the day. I did, but...

The refrigeration had gone off over night during the rain storms in our meat counter, deli and produce. It was sad to see thousands of dollars worth of food having to be thrown out. So it made for a bit of a stressful day at the store.

On Thursday, I went to the UNCC campus to see exactly where my class would be held. Darn it, the best parking will be where I HAVE to walk through the botanical gardens to get to class.





This is a paper bush which is a small tree. And the flowers on it remind me of white silver balls. I have seeds to try and grow one, so we will see.

Also, despite the freezing weather we had the week prior, some of the camellias are still blooming.





And the building where my class is just happens to be right across from the student union and a Starbucks. Can life get any better?

This coming week is PACKED!

Not only do I start classes, but the following is taking place...

  • Soap making class at a new store which has only been opened a few months
  • Bingo at the library
  • Texter over to start sorting through stuff I am still storing for her
  • An officers meeting for the herb society
  • Picking up Lady K for an extended weekend (she is off school for MLK Day)
  • Starting seeds and repotting seedlings

But for now, off to work and hoping we got watermelons or there is nothing I can cut today!





 

Comments

Popular Posts