Seedy Saturday - Round 2 of Seed Starting

First off, let me humble myself. 

I should have been winter sowing!

Of course, with the way winter has been in my neck of the woods, not sure how that would be going. First we are below zero and then a few days later, 70. 

But I have made the decision to continue with sowing seeds inside. However, I have added a note to my November plans to reconsider winter sowing for 2024!

The first round of seed sowing is going ok. The cats have nabbed on the asparagus. The lavender is doing pretty good and I have a good dozen (or more) butterfly bushes which are coming along. So I am well pleased.

This is what the second round of sowing looks like about 10 days after planting.





I am very proud of myself for at least having labels and a marker which is supposed to last longer than a Sharpie on markers. 

They are in the closet with a small heater and a fan. I am hoping with the 'breeze' from the fan it will help keep them from getting too leggy with thin stems. Or at least that's my idea I'm going with.








There is two types of lettuce, a couple of different types of stock, several different poppies, dianthus, cleome, two or three different salvias and some agastache, along with daisies and calendula. Most of these are flowers I have not grown before, but selected because they are pollinators and/or fragrant.

Now while two flats of 72 cells each may seem like a lot...

Well, there is much, much more to come in a couple of weeks! Actually, I have at least three more rounds of sowing in the coming couple of months. 





Comments

Popular Posts