Writing Wednesday - Where Ideas Come From

I really don't have a problem with 'ideas' for a book. My problem lies in actually doing the work of going from idea to finished product. And currently I am committing to finish up on If You Cook You Don't Do The Dishes.

However, I was recently entrusted with two sets of collector knives to hold onto as a future Christmas present from Texter and Mr. Cobra for Savvy and Mr. Arizona. 

One set is twelve months and the other set is the seven deadly sins.





So this past week, the day after I received them into my care, I was driving to work and came up with an idea. The knives are knives, after all. And each knife has the 'sin' engraved on the blade.

Huzzah!

I spent the 30 minute drive to work going 'Oh, My God' over and over as details of the characters and the premise behind the story.

My problem?

Time.

I am committed to working on my cookbook memoir. And I don't really know the details in crafting a mystery (thinking of leaning toward a cozy mystery). So I am trying to enlist a co-writer in the form of a good friend who also enjoys writing. We will see.

In the meantime, I will jot down notes about the storyline and it may turn into my Camp NaNo project in April or July. Of course, it also means I need to do a bit of research on crafting a mystery - cozy or not. 

Stay tuned!



Comments

Popular Posts