Positive Focus Sunday - New Year New Plans

 I am




that 




After struggling this past year, fighting against some of the changes which needed to be faced, I am accepting I don't have to 'worry' about anyone but me. That's not to say I'm going to be completely absorbed with only me (or no more than usual), but on a day-to-day functionality, it only need to take myself into consideration.

So for New Year's Eve I fixed myself a nice dinner and served myself in a manner which WILL NOT happen every day. But just because I am now eating 'alone' doesn't mean I don't deserve it being special. Of course, I also acknowledge it's not going to happen with every meal. However, I am worth sitting down to a meal cooked and served well.




For New Year's Eve, when it seems a lot of the world is out celebrating, I am at home enjoying a nice meal. Shrimp Fra Diavolo with black-eye peas and a spinach salad. And since I used wine in the shrimp dish, I poured a glass to go with my dinner. But I didn't leave my sweet iced tea behind!

I have to pat myself on the back. Not only was the dish easy to make, it was tasty! I could have upped the 'heat' factor a bit more, but overall it was a very pleasing meal. 

Then, not to forget to polish off the evening well...



A mini-cheesecake from Sam's Club and a cup of coffee with 'real' whipped cream, sweetened slightly.

I was stuffed, but very happy with my meal and headed to bed as the fireworks set off by the neighbors started. 

Ok, so this isn't going to be a nightly occurrence. There will be nights where dinner will be a bowl of cereal or a sandwich on a paper towel. But I do deserve serving myself a nice meal. And since my plan is to try a couple of new recipes every month, I am anticipating this kind of 'occasion' will happen more often.

So remember, while you make an effort for other people a lot of times, it is permissible, and 'required' to extend that effort to yourself.

Bon Appetit!








Comments

Popular Posts