Week in Review - January 16 - 22, 2023



Well...

It's been a week.

Monday was a day off work, spent with Lady K. She had the day off from school, so I had her for part of her weekend with us and we chilled out at my house. Heading back to her dad's house, we stopped at Bush and Vine (my car seems to automatically turning into their parking lot). We got our ice cream and continued on to her house. 

Tuesday started out with me taking Ruby to the vet. I discovered her left ear was HUGE. A hematoma, probably caused as she and Slider were playing around. It had to be drained and they installed a 'canal' to allow it to drain while healing. This requires surgery. This requires money! Sigh. My 'free' dog is now over $500! And the pain pills they gave her? Too bad I can't take them!

Later in the day, after class, I had a meeting of the other officers of the Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society of Gaston County. Our first meeting for the new board was Saturday. It's a small group and we were expecting maybe 16 to show up. We had a whopping 20! Two new members and two of the original members to the group returning. So much fun. 

I did a presentation on ginger and gave away 16 ginger plants I had growing inside (too cold for them to be outside). It's good because I got rid of 1 large container of ginger. So one left inside, waiting for warmer weather to set them outside.

Plus I want to work on my new book idea and managed to get a few more notes down on paper. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Finished up my reading nook 

This coming week...

  • Picking up Lady K on Friday
  • Library art event making journals
  • Checking out the local quilting guild
  • Expecting 3 books on Chinese mythology
  • Repotting lavender and butterfly bush seedlings

But for now, I'll be at work when this post goes live. Fueled with a lot of coffee!

 

Comments

Popular Posts