Food and Fun Friday - Porcupines In A Skillet

One 'amazing' thing about Facebook is I get tagged by Savvy and Texter in recipes they come across they want to try - and they know if they tell me, a lot of the time I will actually make it for them. That's the case with 'Porcupines in a Skillet' by Thirty Handmade Days.


It's a super easy recipe to cook up and pairs well with a salad. Actually, both Savvy and I feel you need a salad to round out the meal. It needs something green.

Our only complaint is that it is a bit bland. 

If you aren't into 'seasoned' food, this is great. I even used diced tomatoes that had been seasoned with basil and garlic, but it didn't help. However...

Since it makes a lot (a great recipe for a family meal) I am slotting it in for my meal tonight. I had originally planned to brown some hamburger meat and add to white queso and serve as a baked chalupa. 

Instead of browning additional meat, I am going to mix in the queso with the 'Porcupines' and serve up on tortillas. It will be a burrito-type meal and the queso will add a bit of spice to the mixture. 

With the tomatoes and peppers I have already harvested I will make some Pico de Gallo and add it in also. With the queso and Pico de Gallo it should make a tasty, and spicy, meal.

Will I make Porcupines in a Skillet again? Probably. It is easy and inexpensive, but I know now to add in additional spices to 'jazz' it up a bit. 


Comments

Popular Posts