Seedy Saturday - Variegated Tomatoes Among Other Things

I learned a lesson this week. I water briefly and then was gone from home for almost 3 days. My plants were not happy. So I either have to get a 'waterer' or really make sure I stop by the house and water when it's hot and no rain in the forecast. 

However...


This is the second cluster of cherry tomatoes. I have already harvested eaten about 8 over the past couple of weeks. This means tomatoes are definitely on my horizon. The other tomatoes on the fence are putting out babies and I can't wait for them to get big and slapped on a BLT or bologna sandwich.

My grape vine is chugging along.



I need to be sure I am keeping the water flowing to these babies. And the blueberries are starting to ripen. Soon Savvy and I will be making some Blueberry Lavender Jam for gifts later this year.


The 'tropical' end of the garden. My banana plants are getting so large. My ginger is up about 6 inches and a second shoot coming up. The Patio Tomato is covered with tomatoes...and aphids and/or white flies. Sigh. So it gets sprayed with homemade solution daily.

But the 'volunteer' tomato in the banana pot was moved this morning.


These were 4 cherry tomatoes which are just 'sitting there'. I planted them early April and they aren't doing anything. One does have a tiny tomato, but I am not in love with them. I purchased them because I wasn't sure if or when I could get some of the NCTomatoMan seedlings.  I left one and pulled three of them out.


I put the 'volunteer' and my Tasmanian Chocolate tomatoes in the tub, along with the Chocolate Bell tomato.  Yes, there is a lot in my pots, but they are very large tubs (at least 20 gallons) and I fertilize and water regularly. And to me, it's not about getting the most I can out of each plant.

My true love in the garden this year are these beauties!


Sandy 700 is his name.


Blue Bling which is supposed to be a purple tomato.


Elsie's Fancy


And two different Acey tomatoes.

What's not to fall in love with? Even if I don't get a tomato off them, the foliage alone is enough. But I would like tomatoes.


Buds on slightly fuzzy branches hidden in the lovely variegated foliage.


Look at those stems! They are variegated too, lovely white and green streaks with a tinge of purple.


Some are a little more white and some are a little more cream in color. 


So today, Savvy and I are heading to a Lavender Festival. Be 'purple' with envy!




Comments

Popular Posts