Friday Food and a Digital Art Update

In my quest for better eating and saving money, I have been back at the meal planning. I know in my head and heart how much better it is to do so on many levels. And I go along pretty well, and then life happens and I fall into the fast food drive through.

Anyway...

Tuesday while I was off, I had three things I was going to fix. The first was Chicken Tortilla Soup, the second, Baked Chicken Chalupas and the third was the Chocolate Lavender Brownies.

Chocolate Lavender Brownies


This is one of the two mixes I purchased at the Dallas Lavender Lane Farm Lavender Festival this past weekend. I made the brownies. And Savvy and I ate the brownies before I could take a pictures. I will say, in my defense, there was a third party involved in the consumption of the brownies.



Then I made a pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup. While I cooked the chicken for the soup, I cooked extra to make...



Baked Chicken Chalupas.  I will say the recipe called for diced tomatoes with green chilies. The store was out. And then I thought - Rotel! I had two cans in the pantry which I substituted for the one larger can it called for. And while I was digging through the pantry, I found a small can of sliced black olives that I added.

Savvy and I both agreed the soup was a little bland, but the chalupas! Spot on!

I did had the 'liquid' from the chalupa mixture to the soup and it really improved the taste of the soup.  

Then on Wednesday night, I used up the last of the blueberries I had on hand and made a blueberry coffee cake. 


All this cooking came in handy on Wednesday when I spent all day at the computer 'playing' with a new tutorial I found for Photoshop.


I spent wwwaaaayyyyy to many hours going through pictures and creating some new artwork with them. I LOVE the way they turned out. So much so I am thinking about creating postcards and notecards with them. 

It also made me happy to find something new because I was getting a wee bit tired of the mandalas. I have done them for several years now and felt it was getting a bit old. I need to go in and count up the number of mandalas I have made over the years.

So now Mandala Monday will be changing up a bit and become a Digital Art Monday instead. Stay tuned for all the new lovelies.




Comments

Popular Posts