Seedy Saturday - Things Are Bursting Out All Over!

After a week of rainy and cool temperatures, the tables have turned. It's now hot and humid and a bit of rain every now and then. Which makes the tomatoes very happy. All of them have flowers and most of them are actually starting to set fruit. Now is the fun time.


I also had several plants which needed repotting, so on Thursday I dragged everything inside, outside. And along with the plants recently purchased I did some repotting. 


These are the plants which will be coming back inside now they are repotted and I've cleaned and done a bit of rearranging in my room.

I also have two new ginger plants, one a variegated Japanese ginger "Dancing Crane" and a Black Ginger "Midnight". They are now in pots and under the palm tree with the other 'tropical' plants. And my regular ginger which I started from a piece of ginger from the grocery store now has 4 shoots coming up.

Now it's the waiting period. I have picked a few cherry tomatoes, a couple of tomatoes from my Patio tomato and my Park's Whopper (which are definitely not whoppers). But all the other plants are going strong. I don't think I have seen my plants looking this good in years. Everything is at least 3 feet tall and many, except for the dwarf tomatoes, are taller. I have also picked a couple of Santa Fe Grande peppers, a couple of jalapeños and a couple of sweet banana peppers. 

A good pint of blueberries have been picked and in the freezer awaiting more blueberries. Those will be picked in the evening as it is too hot to pick during the day.

But for now it just a waiting game.

Comments

Popular Posts