Week in Review - June 22 - 28

Yes, normally on Monday you would be seeing a new mandala. 

I've done that for quite a while now. In fact, I have stuck with pretty much the same schedule for more time than I realized. 

So it's time for a bit of a change to my blog and I am slowly, but surely, making those changes. 


Just like this HUGE lily, the changes won't all 'bloom' at the same time. Mondays will now be my week in review. Why?

Because my Hobonichi planner's weekly spread goes from Monday through Sunday and I can see the whole week without having to flip back to the week before to capture what I did on that Sunday. It also allows me to turn Sunday into a positive focus for the end of the week.

So, this past week...




Because I took 4 days off last week in order to do some of those 'yearly' medical tests all at one time, I used the time to do some Q2 review and set up my Q3 goals and plans. My kanban board also got a reset for the new quarter which starts on the 1st of July.

While most of my goals haven't changed, I realize my writing goals aren't being worked on like they should. So with Camp NaNo also starting on the 1st, hopefully I will concentrate more on writing. Besides, it's hot and humid outside!

I also used the time to drag all my poor, neglected houseplants outside and repot most of them. I did have to bid a farewell to a few. There are a couple I can't seem to grow in my room at all. And then there are some, like my Christmas cactus, which will be sitting outside in order to go through the change in temperature to 'inspire' it to bloom this winter.

Some room reorganizing also occurred. The biggest things were moving my bed against the wall which freed up about a foot of space down the length of the room. I also cleaned out the drawers in my nightstand and am now using the bottom drawer to store most of my tarot cards I don't use on a regular basis.

This means, in their space on my altar, I could slide my library books so they won't be in the middle of the floor. I also did a bit of closet 'reorganization'. I don't go into my closet very much since I have a uniform I wear to work and it hangs on the back of my bedroom door. Anything else is stored in my dresser draws. I now have what seems like a ton more floor space in my room.

My plants went from being on 3 shelves in front of the window to this setup...


I can't believe I didn't think of this arrangement originally!

Plus I added a sheer curtain I got at Goodwill for $3. My window is pretty well blocked by a huge cedar tree, but there was still the whole bare window thing I was having issues with when I took down the shelves which were staked 3 shelves high.

Anyway, otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5,000 steps only 3 days
  • Finished 2 books
  • Decided I am going to order some postcards and notecards based on my digital art and should be ordering them in July

This coming week...

  • Start Camp NaNo and get things all set to begin with a bang
  • Pay bills on the 1st and throw money into savings
  • Lady K to her dad this weekend
  • I work To-Go all week! So excited!

But for now, more coffee and head to work!

Comments

Popular Posts