Tuesday Sundries - Outstanding in the Field of Lavender!

Or should I say 'out standing in a field of lavender'!


Last Saturday was the First Annual Lavender Festival at the Dallas Lavender Lane Farm in Dallas, North Carolina.

Originally, Texter and I were going as Lady K would be with her dad and we could 'adult'. However, she wasn't feeling the best and it was going to be hot and humid, so she bowed out. But...

Savvy was off!

That is such a rare happening, her being off on a weekend, especially a Saturday (she's still waiting for HER store to reopen). I threw her in the car and off we went.

Upon arrival, we were directed to a large field and parked. The entry to the festival and parking was free. 

Opening the door to the car we could smell that lovely hint of lavender. A couple of minutes later we were standing in a large area, filled with rows of lavender. And buzzing with bees who could care less there were lots of people walking through their buffet.



I loved the purple bike they had sitting by the lavender. 



We walked around and looked at the various vendors on site, mainly jewelry and crafts. We also stopped and took in the goats, miniature horse and donkey, plus the pot-belly pig. 

The little 'country store' they have opened had a lot of different lavender based products, most from lavender from the farm. We/I purchased a small burlap bag with the base for Chocolate Lavender Brownies and another one of Lemon Lavender Squares to make at home. Savvy and I savored a piece of the brownie from one of the vendors and it was delightful. Moist, with just the right amount of chocolate and lavender taste. My bag of the mix will probably be made today.

Remarking how cute the pot-belly pig is did not deter us from stopping here...


Dan Good Que is operated by Dan and Jane and has some really good bbq. 



We had the pulled pork with Mac-n-Cheese and Baked Beans. Savvy had East North Carolina sauce (vinegar) on her part of the pork and I had a sweet BBQ sauce on my part. It went well with the Lavender Lemonade we had to drink. 

That's not an 'unicorn' drink by Savvy, but rather the remains of the lavender cotton candy she asked for. I did sample, but in keeping with trying to cut back on sugar, I didn't have much. Not that I could have wrestled any more away from her.

But our lunch...


We did stop short of licking the container clean!

My rating of the event - 5 Stars! 
Will I go again - Definitely!

There were a lot of people there for the size of the venue, but it didn't feel crowded. I was personally very happy it was so well attended. I feel there will be more festivals in the future. Despite the heat and humidity, it was a pleasant stroll, inhaling lavender and enjoying Savvy's company.

So I went home and 'harvested' my little lavender plant. What else could I do?



Comments

Popular Posts