I'm the Queen Bee!

When I decided to join in on the Bee Hive Quilt Block Swap at the end of last year, I signed up to be Queen during September.  After all, that's my birthday month and everyone knows the world revolves around me anyway.


So this is the block I picked out - Abacus.  It's suppose to look like this when completed.


One of the other members of my "Hive" selected the same block earlier in the year.  But I already had it in my head my goal was a Christmas quilt and to me the block looked like ornaments or a chain of lights.


Here are my 'demo' blocks made up.  This is not the ultimate configuration, but it does give the idea I am heading for.  I will add more dark green for the tree and turn the blocks into a Christmas tree.  So it should be very interesting.

Right now, I am thinking I will do smaller blocks of the same style as a border on my quilt.  But will have to see how it goes with the center and the blocks I receive from the other hive members.  At least doing it this way, I asked them not to sew the blocks together, but to leave them separate so I can move them around.  

Should be an interesting exercise in quilt design!


Comments

  1. Oh, that's pretty! I'm glad they all finally realized you're the Empress of All. Well done, there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts