"Shawl" I?

Despite the TONS of projects I already have on my radar (and in my closet), I really want to make a shawl.  Actually, I want to make a shawl I know Savvy will wind up wearing to work.  She really has requested I make these...


By Bonita Patterns, this is a crocheted crocodile stitch wrist warmers.  She would like them in something 'elegant', so would probably make in a really silky, cushy yarn.  

But what really has my eye (and my wanting) right now are shawls...big, oversized and drape-able are on my radar.

 

By Karen MaCall, this Alluvial Plains has been in my Ravelry library for some time now.  But it might be a bit larger than I want to tackle for this winter.

Going with a Japanese theme are the following two shawls - 



The first one is the Tokyo Shawl by Marianne Isager.  How elegant is that.  And this fun, 'Zen' one, is Japanese Garden by Jana Huck.

And the list goes on and on and on...and doesn't include the ones I am ogling on Kitterly.

I will probably start with one of these...


By Lion Brand Yarns, this Coffee Shop Wrap really appeals to me.  First, I think it's lovely and would be fairly quick to knit up.  I love it's flow.  Secondly, being Lion Brand Yarn, I can find the yarn fairly easy.  However, this was done in a cotton.  So I will need to find some really nice substitute for it.  Maybe.


And this is another one which is at the top of the list for a quick knit for the winter.  The Gallatin Scarf by Kriskrater is knit on large needles with worseted weight yarn.  And it's smaller than the other shawls.  And the designer is from 'around here', so another reason to make it.

So while I am deciding on pattern, yarn, big, small, I will probably do this...


After all, who doesn't need a Sexy Turkey Hat?



(All pictures are from the pages linked and are property of the designer.)


Comments

  1. Ahahahahha! Sexy Turkey Hat wins. :D
    I'm eyeing the Dragon Wing Shawl (I got the free pattern at Ravelry, translated from the German designer), which is a wrap drape thing that only looks like a dragon wing when you lay it out flat. But now you have me eyeing the coffee shop wrap! Ah, so much to crochet and I haven't even finished my cross stitch pattern yet. :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts