Week In Review - September 11 - 17

Well, the highlight of the week was the Orchid Show opening on my birthday.  (I'm still convinced they had it just for me!)


Lots of eye candy and names of things you can't pronounce.  Now, on my desk are five different orchids.  One I already had, one was my birthday present from Texter and the other three I got at the show.  

This past week was also the start of Lady K and soccer.  I have to hand it to the coaches.  They have the patience of saints or either do a lot of drinking and drugs!  A dozen 3-4 year olds, soccer balls...like cats with catnip...no two are doing the same thing!

The rest of the week was pretty much the same as usual, which was nice.  Except for Friday night when Lady K too a diver off the monkey bars and we had to take her to urgent care for her arm.  Hyper-extended her left arm.  Like mother, like daughter!

Received a big bad of beautiful MacIntosh apples.  One skillet 'cake' down and will be making some Apple Bread shortly.  Just deciding on which recipe.  And in the cooking vein, Balsamic Glazed Chicken for dinner tonight.  Since it is suppose to be cool and rainy this coming week, I already have a little roast for the crockpot tomorrow so it will be ready to eat when we get home from work and school Monday.

Otherwise...

  • Books finished - 1
  • Posts written - 5
  • Steps walked - 48,270 or 69% of goal

For the rest of the day, I will be doing those little things around the house (like about 10 loads of laundry), some writing, knitting and TV watching in between.  Also...

  • Soccer practice for Lady K
  • New Book Group meeting Tuesday night (will see if I can fit it in between work at Parrot and other things)
  • Some sewing and knitting 
  • Lots of writing and planning and new posts
  • Hitting my walking goal for the week

Off to figure out what apple recipe to make and another cup of coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts