Seedy Saturday - Winter Sowing Tomatoes





My winter sowing 'experiment' is going well. So well, that with the nice weather we had this past week, I need to get stuff into pots. The lettuce and flowering sweet peas are ready to into into pots.

On Tuesday, the first day of really nice weather, I sowed the tomatoes I got from SeedLinked. I bought three 'collections' curated by Mr. NCTomatoMan for the organization. I have three 'sets' of 3 different tomatoes - slicing, paste and cherry tomatoes.


One of the purposes of this organization is to document your gardening with the seeds, from planting to harvesting. I thought it sounded pretty interesting. 

But I was really impressed when I opened the envelope to find these plant markers.


The envelopes contained 20 tomato seeds of each variety. Since I don't have room for anywhere near that many tomatoes (yet), plus I was trying to start them using the winter sowing method, I planted 3-4 seeds of each variety.


I would really like to try starting some this way and some inside in more 'traditional' means, but I just don't have room. 

In fact, I had to 'rearrange' things a bit this past week in order to get a box full of plants from work integrated with the indoor plants. And by doing so, I, by accident, found out I created this arrangement. 


Buddha looks right at home and very peaceful on the shelf underneath the Money Tree. 

Hopefully, Buddha will smile on my plants, both indoors and outdoors. I really want those tomatoes to grow up nice and strong.













 

Comments

Popular Posts