Week in Review - February 7 - 14, 2021

Whew!

I'm tired!


The week started out with Lady K with me at my house as Texter's back/shoulder was acting up again. She finally was able to see a doctor who was of the mindset she was looking for pain meds. Not only did she need to get it figured out what was going on, but she was leaving with Mr. RaceCar and another couple for a few days in Las Vegas.

They did make the flight. She is in pain. But staying at the Bellagio does make up for some of the discomfort and pain she is in. 

Anyway, I am staying at their house, pet, house and granddaughter sitting. Lady K was with her dad for the weekend and I got up Saturday morning and got ready to go to work. I was just getting ready to walk out the door, turning off lights and getting the animals settled for the day. 

Then...

Bang! Pop! Boom!

Bright bursts of lights!

And no lights in the house!

It was rainy, but definitely not enough for a thunderstorm. 

I waited a second to see if the lights were going to come back on. Nothing.

Have you ever noticed when a neighborhood loses power, how dark it gets? Spooky dark.

Their house is just about half a block from a main road, tucked into a little subdivision. Someone had an accident and wiped out electrical pole on the main road, dropping power lines across this road - two lanes in each direction.

Soon there was the sound of sirens.

Pulling on my jacket, I walked around the corner to see if I could see anything. I did.

Police and firetrucks blocking the ONLY entrance/exit to the subdivision. 

Yep, we only have one. 

And it was blocked off and would be blocked over for several hours. In fact, the main road was actually blocked on two sides, about a block apart (covering the width of our block, of course) so about 6-8 basket trucks from the power company could get in and work on replacing poles and restringing power lines. 

Needless to say, I wasn't going anywhere for quite a while. So much for work.

About 4 p.m. the lights came back on (the road still closed though). It was the next morning before internet was up and working. Luckily, I do have a personal hotspot on my phone, so that worked just fine for me. And I did a lot of reading and napping.

But on a really positive note this week...

Publish and Thrive started. A five week program to learn how to successfully self-publish. It has been really informative. Today starts week two and we are really getting into the meat of the program. I am stoked to get my book finished now and applying what I am learning. But there is a lot of 'administration' work associated with this. NEW NOTEBOOK TIME! I am setting up a master notebook for all the 'stuff' needed which surrounds self-publishing.

This coming week...

  • Watch the videos for Publish and Thrive and take a lot of notes
  • Sow more seeds
  • WRITE!
  • Move back home after almost a week at Texter's house
  • A long stretch of work coming up, but there might be some changes of duties 

Anyway, more coffee and monitoring Lady K's remote learning while I listen to my videos. 




Comments

Popular Posts