Food and Fun Friday - Something I Have Always Wanted To Do!


One of the things I have wanted to do for a long time is to try acupuncture. 

I don't know why. But I have.

So now I am in a position where I NEED to drop weight to stop the progress on some bad health issues and stay someone who is in their 60's and not taking any medication. 

I did it! 

I decided to bite the bullet and go in for a treatment. It was for appetite suppression. Something to maybe help me drop the deadly sugar from my diet. Well, maybe not drop it completely as I love my sweet tea and fresh fruits. But just enough to help me lose the weight I want to.

First off, I am really disappointed there is no actual 'sugar button' which can be switched off. Not really, I'm not that naive. 

I was 'stuck' on my toes, stomach, hands and arms and laid in a dim room, listening to soothing music. After about 20 minutes, the needles were removed and I went on my way. 

What have I discovered after a week?

Not sure how much can be attributed to the acupuncture and how much can be laid at the feet of not being at work and in a different house, but I have noticed a decrease in my appetite over the past week. Of course, even with a decrease in appetite, if you eat a Cinnabon Cinnamon roll for breakfast, it doesn't help. 

Will I do it again? A 'recharge' of the original session? Not sure. Guess it depends on the dollars involved and if I am willing to part with it. But for now I am enjoying how I am feeling about it.

 

Comments

Popular Posts