Seedy Saturday - Sharing is Caring!

I FINALLY got off my butt and did what I said I was going to do for several weeks now - I packaged up some seeds to send off to Miss Oklahoma in Montana. From there, she will divide out to Miss Montana for her garden. Actually, I did it because between the two of them, they will flourish and save seed and send some back to me for my garden next year! 


I have the little brown envelopes I saved mainly sweet pepper seeds in from this past summer. I used them to divide out seeds and label with the contents. Not only did I give them some pepper seeds (and hope they actually germinate), but I shared some of the purchased seeds I ordered. 

Miss Oklahoma and Miss Montana are both gifted with 'green hands'. A thumb is not enough for their abilities with plants. I know in the next year or so, there will be lots of hollyhocks and poppies growing happily in their gardens. 


Seeds I purchased I labeled with the company I purchased them from so they could look up what they are supposed to look like. Those I saved and included, I labeled with what they are and what they are supposed to grow into - hopefully. 

So this is the pile of seed packets I sent off on Wednesday morning. Hopefully, our beloved U.S. Postal Service will be able to get them to Montana sometime this year. 

In the meantime, hopefully some of my winter sowing will start sprouting. The lettuces, spinach and poppies are doing well and have reared their little green heads. But some other things are still telling me it's too cold for them to do anything. 

I did save some seed in case I needed to resow, so I'm not too worried about not having them to grow this summer. But I would really like to see them starting to grow sometime in the near future. 

Until then, I really need to start cleaning up the garden more and start some of my new containers. I have some Sweet Pea Flowers which are starting to sprout and I will need to get out into a container in the next month (probably). My plan is to then plant another seed in between the transplants to maybe prolong their season. 

But for now, it is still chilly/cold in the evenings and in the low 50's during the day. Things are moving along slowly, but surely. Just like me. Spring is on it's way I know!





Comments

Popular Posts