Seedy Saturday - Winter Sowing Peep Show

With the threat of 'winter weather', I took a few pictures of my winter sowing. I don't know why I am worried about them as I have friends in Montana who are winter sowing and theirs are under snow. Mine are just 'chilly'.


This is one of the three pots of bulbs and the only one which is actually popping up with flowers. I think this one has the daffodils in it. I'm excited because these are the pinky daffodils (if I remember correctly).


This is my first flat of lettuce and spinach I planted back on December 19. It looks like I will be selling lettuce on the corner at this rate. 






































Sweet peas are really enjoying the cool temperatures. The stock, China Family poppy and the sweet peas were part of my December 19 sowing. I need to get the sweet peas into the container where it will live soon.












More lettuce.




Russian Red Kale (I believe).


Tom Thumb Peas


More peas - can't remember if Tom Thumb or Sweet Pea Flowers.








More poppies - two different kinds







Two different types of hollyhocks which are coming along, slowly, but surely.


White Borage


My Queens Mix Salvia starting to germinate.


Night Flowering Nicotiana 


Red Welsh Onions - which I will mainly use for green onions.

So there it is. What I have winter sowed so far. I have plans for more sowing soon. 

Of course, I am also house hunting, so thank goodness I will be planting in containers as I can move everything with relative ease as nothing will actually be 'in the ground'. 















Comments

Popular Posts