Week in Review - February 14 - 20


After a week of being out-of-pocket at work babysitting, it was nice to get back into a 'routine'. And it has been filled with flowers!

I have brought home and handed out a lot of flowers destined for the trash bin from work. Unfortunately, I still have a box of amaryllis, calla lilies and regular lilies in my room. And really no room for them. What a problem to have!

This week I actually went and looked at a potential home. Way to small - basically zero kitchen area and not even 900 square feet. So at least I am getting an idea of how much room I am looking for. But I did 'discover' where RO's Bar-B-Que in Gastonia is. This was a favorite of an old friend who drove me from Raleigh to Charlotte one day to eat there.

I remember the day we went because we also stopped at a Jack-in-the-Box for Monster Tacos. I did stop and pick up a sandwich there. In fact, I made a u-turn when I realized what I had just passed. However, not in love with their BBQ. But I eat it in memory of Mr. Miata.

I also received (and am burning one now) a sampler pack of candles from Vita Candles. It's operated by two of the loveliest young ladies who I am been fortunate enough to watch grow up and then marry each other. The quality and scent is fantastic and I am already in love with them. Now to keep the box away from Savvy! I let her pick out a couple, but the rest are MINE!

One great thing about working at a grocery store is the opportunity to discover 'new' items almost every day. While shopping I realized we are now carrying some packets of Thai Tea. Savvy is in love with Thai Tea, thanks to Miss Oklahoma introducing her to it. But to make it is a big involved and we had to make a pitcher at a time with tons of loose tea. But this is just 'add water' and you can make it hot or iced. She loves it. Now to get a couple of the packets in the mail to Miss Oklahoma.

The other thing I 'discovered' was Raspberry Oranges!

Yes, they are called Raspberry Oranges and their peel is much like a blood orange. Inside they are a dark purple. The taste - well - it's definitely not 'orange', but it's not raspberry either. It has some sort of 'tang' to it. It's good, but different and interesting.

This coming week...

  • Hopefully start the approval process for real
  • Hopefully look at a couple more houses
  • Start training in produce to chop and dice fresh fruits and veggies for sale
  • More writing and learning about publishing
  • Hopefully get out into the garden and get things tidied up 
  • If my tomato seeds arrive, winter sow a few of them
  • Winter sow other seeds

But for now, since I'm off today, more coffee and more things checked off my to-do list.

 

Comments

Popular Posts