Positive Focus Sunday - New Planners and a Reading Plan!


Yes!

It's that time of the year when all the new planners are coming out and I have my 2022 planners in hand at last.

So the green with tigers is my Hobonichi Weeks. This, once again, will be my every day carry (EDC) where I mainly have work schedules, appointments and grocery lists. 

Then the main planner is my Hobonichi Cousin in it's new cover. I have been reusing covers over the past couple of years because nothing really took my fancy. But I decided this year to swap it up and get a 'color' cover with a transparent cover-on-cover with a flowery design. The design really shows up well against the black of the cover.

And...

I also picked up a couple of notebooks with the coordinating cover to use. 

At the present time, I think one of the notebooks will become my 'book' notebook. I have been experimenting with a TBR (to be read) list of books each month to focus my reading. And it's been working well. However, I do have a problem...too many books!

Because I have commitments to writing reviews on books, I need a better way to follow up and 'get-'er-done. I have books from WOW-Women on Writing to review. I also have won books on Goodreads I need to follow up on with a review. AND I have started up with Net Gallery to get kindle and audio books to read/listen to and review. 

And there the books on my shelf I want to read, plus all the ones I pick up from the library. Too many books!

So, one of the notebooks will be my book 'journal' where I will record the different sources so I have an ongoing list of books to reference what I need to read and I can check them off when finished. I also want to add lists of the books by the authors I enjoy to (1) pick up the books to fill out the ones on my bookshelf and/or (2) to read the ones I haven't read yet.

While I have only put my 2022 calendar in it's cover so far, I am experimenting with how I want to set it up for the new year in my current planner. 

This month I have divided the page into 3 areas. Which may change into 4 areas - that's the point of this experiment. Each area will be the area of focus - work/finances, writing/reading, self/home. 

One thing I have discovered, or finally admitted to myself, is that I really don't work well with more than one planner. I need it all in one spot. Moving from planner to planner doesn't work for me. I usually forget the other planners and use only the one. So I am trying to find out how I can put everything I want in one planner. Thus dividing the page into 3 or 4 parts. 

So that's where I am with my planners to date. I'll have to 'play' for the rest of 2021 with my planner to see how I want to start out 2022. 

But NEW PLANNERS! 



 

Comments

Popular Posts