Positive Focus Sunday - Carolina Renaissance Fair 2021

 



Much to our delight, and that of thousands of others, the Carolina Renaissance Fair was open this year. You still have to wear masks if you go into one of the 'stores', but otherwise masks are not required. Lady K has been before, but that was 3 years ago, and she doesn't really remember it. 



She got to meet mermaids.




And birds.




And dragons.




Lady K, Texter and Mr. Cobra at the fair. 

One thing Lady K really enjoyed was learning about 'tip jars' and getting to put change in the jars. Especially the jars of the fairies with the bubbles. I had grabbed change out of my jar before we left 'just because' and it came in handy. Once she learned about the jars and this was how you thanks the entertainers, she pulled out her little change purse and filled it up with change and then doled it out as we strolled around the fair. Next year I will need more change and she will need a bigger purse.

Also, next year she wants to dress up to go. As a fairy. Or a dragon. I can see my sewing machine will need to be brought out in the coming months.

I got my turkey leg (and damn expensive one, but it was good). The weather was great. Next year I would like to go without having to go with Lady K. That way I can watch the shows and spend more time - and maybe go on the beer fest weekend and enjoy. 







Comments

Popular Posts