Writing Wednesday - Fairy Loot and Owl Crate Unboxings from September

While not about my writing, it is about my reading someone else's writing.

I am really enjoying subscribing to Fairy Loot and Owl Crate boxes. They are both dealing with YA fantasy books and have a collector's edition book in each box, along with items related to other young adult books.

First, I opened Fairy Loot.




I have to say I have already worn the socks several times since I got the box. And the little purple floral card carrier I have in my wallet now to carry my debit card and driver's license to be able to grab and go with it. 

The main book, Defy the Night by Bridget Kemmerer is one I am excited about reading. I recognize the name, but haven't ready anything by this author. There was also a second book in this box, Beasts of Prey, also by an author I haven't read about. This is one of the reasons I enjoy these boxes, exposure to books by authors I probably wouldn't try.

I am really excited because  in 2022 Fairy Loot is offering an adult fantasy subscription box. That will be really interesting and I can't wait to see what they will be offering.

Then my first Owl Crate came last week.




Again, Lakesedge by Lyndall Clipstone is an author I haven't read before. One thing I have noticed is their book is not as 'decorated' as the Fairy Loot books. So that is a bit of a disappointment. I don't know if that is typical or not. 

However, there was a lovely dip pen, ink and stand in the box! And it writes so nicely. There was a nice travel coffee cup which has also been carried to work a time or two. 

So far I am enjoying getting these monthly boxes. And maybe one day one of my books will be featured.




Comments

Popular Posts