Seedy Saturday - 2022 Already Started!

Well, maybe not quite yet.

But I'm definitely thinking about what I want to do in the garden next year. The first seeds I've already ordered (comfrey, bergamot and borage) and planning my David Austin rose purchases as my Christmas gift to my self.

Anyway...



This is one side of the border I am putting up the front walkway. I'm 'dumping' a lot of the calla lilies and amaryllis I have brought home from work in here. Along with some Gerber daisies and other plants. It will definitely be a mix-match of plants. 

I'm waiting for some rain in order to be able to dig there. Slider is no help in digging up this area as apparently there are no tree limbs buried here.

Then in the back yard, where my veggie garden will be, I've started my 'no dig' garden area. I don't know that it will actually be a true no-dig garden. It all depends on how much I can spend on raised beds. This may be a constant evolution area over the next few years.


























I laid out all the cardboard I have and will be dumping spent pots, grass clippings, leaves from the neighbors on it over the next few months. 

According to my neighbor behind me, one of the people who lived here before just dug up the soil and had a garden. I would like to build raised beds, but that may happen a bit at a time. Dropping all that money on raised beds is something I can't do all at once. So maybe one bed and then directly in the ground for the rest. 

I will be keeping the two long beds where I set tomatoes this past year, but they will probably be in the ground next year also instead of in pots. 

What I will probably eventually do is to put a fence around this area to keep 4-legged things out, just like I did across the front of my house. 

I do have 4 blackberry bushes I need to put in along the back fence and I want to set up an asparagus bed. Just a small one, but a bit of asparagus.

There isn't a real sense of urgency with my plans. I think I'm waiting for weather to really cool off.  Once I empty out the tubs in the front yard, I want to set up the two round beds with trees in the front. 

I have 'plans'. Now they just need to be executed! And plants purchased!


Comments

Popular Posts