Food and Fiber Friday - SAFF and Pecans

The past week as been fun. Autumn has arrived full force and lots of things are happening.

But the BIGGEST thing was last Saturday and the first time in ages I have been able to go out and just really enjoy myself - mask and all!

Saturday was SAFF - Southeastern Animal Fiber Festival! And it was only going to be 1.5 hours away. On a beautiful Saturday. So how could I miss it?






Held at the Western North Carolina Agriculture Center near Asheville, it was two buildings of fibers! And fiber 'things'. And no children to impede my browsing!

All the roving made me want to learn to spin...on a wheel. Drop spindles aren't my thing. Or learn how to weave. 

But...

I did pick up a couple of things.



A really nice salve for my hands (and legs). I love the fragrance and how it melts into my hands and is absorbed nicely. There are 8 different oils and butters, plus vitamin E, so it is really nice. It is from Appalachian Naturals

I confined my yarn purchases to a bit of a minimal splurge.


I FINALLY bought a pair of sock blockers. And I picked up two skeins of 'SAFF' color ways dyed for this festival. Love the colors so much. Very fall.

And then I got the pattern and yarn for two of these...




I have black and the pink for this bear for Texter and Lady K. The yarn is sssssoooooo soft and yummy feeling.

So on my day off I had to do something with the pecans I have on hand, especially since I was handed another case of pecans. Yes, case! I will be doing 'nutty' things for months!






I made 3 'regular' pies and one of the pies (2nd from the right) I made with monk fruit sweetener since the person I was giving it to wanted a pie with a bit less sugar. One pie was for my department manager, one to Savvy for her crew, and Texter and I split another one. 

Per a request from Texter, I made a batch of Glazed Pecans, well, rather a double batch because I needed some too.

So now to get some knitting done. But after a piece of pie!

































Comments

Popular Posts