Positive Focus Sunday - Manifesting A New Way of Life

So last Sunday I posted about how I am trying to figure out how to live my 'new' life as an empty nester. Someone trying to find my way through the next few decades. Actually, I wrote the post on Saturday, prior to going to the herb society monthly meeting. 




I had gone to the October meeting for the society and was very interested in joining the group. After all, this was a group who gardened and was interested in an area of plants I'm interested in. I had even already purchased a tea cup and gift for their December Tea. My plan on Saturday was to go to the meeting and then scoot off to work. 

That happened - sort of.

I got to the meeting and I heard someone utter the 'Q' word - you know, 'quilt'. Or it might have been quilting. Anyway, my ears pricked up and off I trotted to join in a conversation about fabric and quilting. 

And told about the local quilting quilt and how I needed to join in. And offered to introduce me to someone who did long-arm quilting at a reasonable price (to finish up all those quilt tops I have) and they meet on this particular night every month, shown their Facebook page. 

People to aid and enable my fabric addiction!

Then the herb society meeting came to order. During this meeting there was to be the election of officers for 2023, as well as, a couple of crafts.

They had people who were running for everything but secretary. The person who was interested had to withdraw for various reasons. They needed a secretary. 

Of course, this came up as I was asking about who updated their Facebook page and their website. Ding, ding, ding!

I'm now the secretary for 2023!

And another 'plus'!

One of the herb society members is a Master Gardener. (She also has bees and makes sourdough bread - I so want to be her!) I told her I would be taking the course starting in February. She was so happy for me and told me that I would be needing to find a mentor during the class and she would be happy to be my mentor.

Looks like my 'new' life is happening - with or without me! 

Now if I could just manifest the winning lottery numbers.


Comments

Popular Posts