Week in Review - October 31 - November 6, 2022



Ok, this has been a really great week! 

First, I managed to make it to the YMCA 3 times. However, only 2 of those visits actually counted as the third visit, which was for an Aqua Fit class, was cancelled when I got there. But I survived a spin cycle class and a Stretch Yoga class. 

Secondly, I am only a tad behind in word count. As of Sunday evening, I was at 7607 words. 

But the best two days were Friday and Saturday!

I was off work on Friday and just started looking at Facebook Marketplace early. I 'scored' 50 nice red brick pavers which will go around my flower bed in one. Well, one of the flower beds. And they were free. Then I picked up some nylon fencing which I plan to put around at least part of my veggie garden in garden to help keep big footed dogs out of. Hopefully. That was only $30 for about $70 worth of fencing. I am well pleased.

The BIGGEST was my trip to pick up mushroom compost! And the tour I got of the facility. So cool!
That load of compost will be broken up and put on the new flower bed I'm setting up with the pavers and then some will go into old dresser drawers in back which will become mini-raised beds for strawberries early next spring. 

I also was given some water hyacinth for my little water feature. Actually, I was given enough to fill several dozen water features. I know they won't make it through the winter, but thought I was only getting a small piece which I could put in a bucket and keep inside when temperatures got really low. No such luck.

Anyway, on Saturday I stopped by Oakdale Greenhouses. This is where I have gotten water plants the past couple of years. I talked to the owner, Bill, and asked him if he wanted them since he didn't have any water hyacinth this spring.

So a lovely conversation with Bill and one of his regular customers on everything from overwintering pond plants, greenhouses, and vanilla orchids. He is going to take my water hyacinth and overwinter them for me. I'll stop by in the spring (like I need an excuse to go by there) and get some for my water feature and the rest will be his to sell. Works for me.

In addition, the customer and I 'volunteered' to come pollenate his vanilla orchid when it blooms this summer. Gladly. 

Plus I had blood drawn for my annual physical next week. I'm dreading to see how 'bad' I've been.

Anyway, this coming week...

  • More NaNoWriMo writing on my memoir cookbook
  • An in-person write in for NaNoWriMo
  • Picking up my new glasses (hopefully)
  • Starting on laying out the garden beds
  • Planting some tulip bulbs
  • Physical
  • Picking up Lady K 
  • Interview for Master Gardener program next February

But until then, off to work and a quick stop by Starbucks to utilize my free drink stars.

 

Comments

Popular Posts